Let go of the sail
My life is a ship, and I its mighty captain,
through all storms and dreaded rain.
I hold the sails so strong,
that fathom the winds strain.
I check the map and compass,
I check the sun and the winds,
I never let this out of steer,
that being my only fear.
On the stormy days,
when the winds waft,
a too many tales,
I bleed my hands
to hold the sails.
It hurts and hurts more to sail,
but I never let go of the sails.
I never let go, not let the winds gains
the ship always under me,
and always thus will be.
But somedays, I look at the dreamy clouds,
those sapphire blue hues,
I wish to let go, to let the winds take over,
to let the winds take over and glide me slow.
But - OH NO, says the mind,
don't ever let go,
you never know what can go wrong.
To the heart or mind, which one to hear ?
Which one to let, guide me there ?
Under this thought I go,
not reaching there, on and on I go.
I still to this day ask on the go,
to let go or to not let go.
Unable to leave
unable to veer,
my life is a ship, I fiercely steer,
through all the dreaded fears.
(Wrote a poem after a long while, so ye much appreciate the feedback
~ Thanks'😊)


Comments
Post a Comment