Gods Tears
During times of lush rain,
as the dew whispers and trees fain,
I often look to the sky in strain,
and wondered if these were Gods banes.
To look down upon his creations,
see the chasms of sorrow and ruins,
to look upon this world; feel ruined.
The souls so happily and joyfully made,
swaying in the water of ruins and dark shade.
The man beneath the bridge,
hunger a companion and smiles tinge.
Another one swaying on the roads,
unable to chase his dreams,
intoxicated beyond means.
Or perhaps the girl in tears,
looking out of the window with fear,
for her father forbid her dreams,
Maybe, the man who killed in Gods name,
or the people who killed for fame,
Even the young lover with heart crushed,
unable to move forward afresh.
I wonder if God saw it all,
and ever teared at all.
For the heaven he meant this to be,
it seemed nothing of that sorts was to be.
As I look and see the plight of man,
I look up and ever wondered with strain,
if these drops were indeed Gods tears as rain.
(image credits to ChatGPT DALL-E)



Comments
Post a Comment