I Would Rather Go Blind
I would rather go blind than to see the world go
fade away into the darkness and beneth the chasms it goes
I would rather go blind, than see the trees frail
the birds silenced, and the fog prevail
Oh, how could this be, the beauty of life,
such in contrast with the painful death and grieve
I would rather go blind than to see you let go
to all those smiles and hours we had
and lo here they go
I would rather go blind than see the dark creed of man
how we hurt and hurt and hurt the lovely trees and birds and our clan
I would rather go blind than to see a shattered world
where real is seldom seen and lies dwell
I would rather go blind, and not see at all
not feel a thing , than to feel pain at all
I would rather go blind and live in my mind
Than live in this world, where life seems so dammed...


Comments
Post a Comment