Life
Walking for miles and miles hence
the heart aches with loneliness dense
The body too tired to move,
the mind to lazy to tow,
the will to walk is but at a low.
Not a soul to hear the battle screams,
Not a single one showing the ereerie dreams...
But I have miles and miles to go,
Before I weep
And many, many more promises to keep
Before I sleep.
Many battles I had to let go,
For people, dreams and thoughts- they go....
Sorry, I could not fight
for you, and it was not right !
But I couldn't stand and fight,
and still somehow manage to light
the miles and miles ahead with my might.
In this world of a selflish race,
True - rare are those with a selfless race...
but they never last and always bear a face
of scar's beneth a convincing smiley face.
Even if the body aches
And the mind can't move,
I shall walk down my path
Because I have yet miles and miles to go
Before I weep
And many more promises to keep,
Before I sleep.
(inspiration - "Life")
(©️ Copyright - Robert Frost)


Truly Excellent!! It gave me the same vibes as of Robert frost. Loved it. Pleas continue uploading such wonderful and heart touching posts!
ReplyDelete